Tuesday, November 15, 2005

How to "do" Seth Roberts' diet

This post very basically summarizes how most of us are following Seth Roberts' methods. Read his book when it comes out for the whole scoop! A summary of his methods, and more folks' comments, can be found at Calorie Lab at http://calorielab.com/news/2005/09/21/seth-roberts-shangri-la-diet-in-detail/

At least one hour away (both ways) from "tasting" something (specifically eating a meal), either:
-drink sugar water--most folks use between 3-4 Tablespoons of either sucrose (table sugar) or fructose, dissolved in between 1/2 liter and 1 liter of water, or

-sip an unflavored or lightly-flavored oil--most use between 1 and 4 Tablespoons of canola or extra-light olive oil.

If you use a strong enough "dose" of these for you (you'll need to experiment a bit) you'll find that you won't need to eat for at least an hour afterwards, and likely longer. Try to use the lowest dose that works for you.

You may try this up to two or three times a day, though some people use it only once. Use his method between the times when you have decided you will eat. Some people have only a light breakfast, then use the methods during the day, and then have dinner. I eat breakfast and lunch (though both "late") then use his method to stop eating after that. Experiment and see what suits you.

Roberts' methods allow people to reduce what they eat without throwing their bodies into "fasting" mode or making them too terribly hungry. According to his theory, it helps trick their "set points" to help them reduce the size your body is trying to maintain. (Learn about all this in his book when it's out, or in other places on the web.)

His methods have definitely helped all the long-term users on this blog to lose weight, though we have often hit "plateaus" for some reason, and then moved beyond them.

If you try this, be sure that you don't "abuse" his methods. Get enough nutrition and calories for your body's needs, by eating well in the meals that you do eat, etc. You alone are responsible for your body and your health!

Cheers,
Annie (Masa'il)

30 Comments:

Blogger Parley said...

Wow great blog, I think that fitness is need of every one..I also BUY my fitness packs from Medifast, NutriSystem, eDiets.com atores at CouponAlbum..

Thursday, October 18, 2007 7:08:00 PM  
Blogger carmelo89bender said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

Tuesday, December 13, 2011 9:17:00 PM  
Blogger carmelo89bender said...

I want ask you a question, Is this types of diet techniques are good for health ?
weight watchers promotion code

Tuesday, December 13, 2011 9:19:00 PM  
Blogger Albert einstien said...

Thank you so much for your all great explanation, I liked reading this. maximum shred review

Friday, January 30, 2015 6:48:00 PM  
Blogger Jennifer Anderson said...

If you control your health so must use instructions of right diet inside your daily life to help to scale back the size our bodies. review for the supplement

Monday, March 16, 2015 6:17:00 PM  
Blogger Albert einstien said...

I have really seen a number of crappy posts but this is the special one for me because it has really favorably influenced me. Good luck…. best health insurance for self employed

Thursday, April 02, 2015 6:42:00 PM  
Blogger Jones Henry said...

Thanks fellow your posts are really very good for me since it make good sense for me. http://pumpauthority.com/testostorm/ full review

Friday, April 03, 2015 7:19:00 PM  
Blogger Jennifer Anderson said...

This post is superb; I really don’t know how to praise of your working. But this post compelled me to do it. uild muscle http://pumpauthority.com/elite-test-360/

Thursday, April 16, 2015 2:54:00 PM  
Blogger Albert einstien said...

I know this website is perfect for everyone because it is quite beneficial information. uild muscle http://pumpauthority.com/elite-test-360/

Monday, April 20, 2015 5:41:00 PM  
Blogger Jones Henry said...

This is quite helpful suggestion I will surely apply this into my life, thanks for imparting great knowledge. German Beer Steins

Wednesday, May 06, 2015 7:27:00 PM  
Blogger Jones Henry said...

Thanks fellow your posts are really very good for me since it make good sense for me. click here

Tuesday, June 02, 2015 2:44:00 PM  
Blogger Jones Henry said...

Hey very nice blog!! Man you have done the Amazing efforts to make this blog... I will surely bookmark your blog. Health Insurance Deltona

Tuesday, June 02, 2015 6:22:00 PM  
Blogger Jones Henry said...

I love your post because I like the way you collaborate and share your opinions, great blog, carry on. posturespecs

Thursday, June 04, 2015 3:38:00 PM  
Blogger Jones Henry said...

Superb!! I have already bookmarked your blog!! Health Insurance Tallahassee

Friday, June 05, 2015 3:28:00 PM  
Blogger john willim said...

Hi there! This post is quite understandable that everybody can understand easily. I love that.
term life insurance rates

Wednesday, June 24, 2015 6:24:00 PM  
Blogger Jennifer Anderson said...

I had been trying to get something special like that at length but now I have finally got it. workout guide

Thursday, June 25, 2015 7:24:00 PM  
Blogger Jennifer Anderson said...

I had been trying to get something special like that at length but now I have finally got it. debbylee

Saturday, June 27, 2015 5:45:00 PM  
Blogger Jennifer Anderson said...

It’s an outstanding blog to help new comers I am also getting benefit from it, thanks Essential Stuff Carrier Oils

Wednesday, July 01, 2015 3:29:00 PM  
Blogger Jennifer Anderson said...

It’s an outstanding blog to help new comers I am also getting benefit from it, thanks Essential Stuff Carrier Oils

Wednesday, July 01, 2015 3:29:00 PM  
Blogger Jones Henry said...

Thank you so much for ding the impressive job here, everyone will surely like your post.
orogold

Saturday, July 04, 2015 5:58:00 PM  
Blogger Jennifer Anderson said...

Hmm that’s blog is so special for me. I love reading this type of knowledge. tinnitus terminator

Friday, July 10, 2015 3:23:00 PM  
Blogger Jennifer Anderson said...

Cheers! You have really allured me; I have no words to explain my feelings about your post.
Kitchen remodel Lakeville

Thursday, July 16, 2015 5:05:00 PM  
Blogger Jennifer Anderson said...

Amazing! I felt this site as a better option to select the blog so I came here. bestprobiotics.org/

Thursday, July 16, 2015 6:10:00 PM  
Blogger Jennifer Anderson said...

Your blog! What should I say in its praise… relevant, lastly something which surely helped me? Thanks
auto repair Fremont California

Thursday, July 30, 2015 5:31:00 PM  
Blogger Melvin Gregor said...

Superb efforts! Keep updated more and more posts I’ll be here to wait for your posting. vehicle insurance

Thursday, August 06, 2015 8:21:00 PM  
Blogger Posey Tina said...

In short, the penomet device functions around the principle of traction utilised in classic orthopaedics exactly where limbs are "repaired" and lengthened.

Sunday, September 06, 2015 4:42:00 PM  
Blogger Herry Pat said...

Brilliant details you have kept in your article, I am truly impressed. skincare

Tuesday, November 03, 2015 3:31:00 PM  
Blogger Jennifer Anderson said...

Thanks for sharing such a nice knowledge with us. A must read blog. www.wrinkleremovercreams.com

Tuesday, November 17, 2015 7:28:00 PM  
Blogger sawon biswas said...

Thank you so much for your post. This post really help me a lot and I have learnt some new things from your blog. I am bookmark your blog for future visit.
pure cambogia slim

Monday, January 25, 2016 5:11:00 PM  
Blogger Jaxon Dakin said...

I like your post. This post really awesome and very helpful to me. Please keep posting good contents. Thank you.
kimera

Wednesday, January 27, 2016 4:18:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home